Steam Marines 2 - v0.7.3a, 4 July 2018
Hello, folks. Been working on knocking out some more subtle bugs since the Linux launch, and also focusing on more marine weapons, enemy AI/balancing, and user interface issues.
A couple things to note about build v07.3a: the user interface is far from finished. I know the combat log and targeting panel is not the easiest to read, and there's more information I need to stuff in there. It's definitely a Work-In-Progress!
Overall Steam Marines 2 should now run smoother and the UI should be clearer.
- Exposed more developer console debug tools to players (documentation forthcoming).
- Added a message to screen when the game is saving in the combat scene.
- Added another tier of marine weapons that can be found in treasure chests.
- Added enemy unit camera tracking, enabled/disabled in Settings > Gameplay.
- Added more information to the marine targeting panel, such as marine class effects.
- Added more information and color coded enemy unit tooltips.
- Certain explanation text clarified, e.g. marine tooltip accuracy now specifies base accuracy.
- Changed the way certain sound effects were played so they were not dependent on player camera distance.
- Fog of war slightly tweaked to show doors more clearly when marines are in hallways with doors just within sight range.
- Reduced delay in UI scaling when running certain hardware setups and resolutions when first loading the tactical scene.
- Various performance tweaks for low to high end machines.
- Bugfix: Treasure chests and alien merchants sometimes spawning at incorrect height positions.
- Bugfix: Alien merchant colliders sometimes being too large and triggering off marines on far away tiles.
- Bugfix: Skill icons 4, 5, and 6 ordered correctly from left to right instead of right to left.
- Bugfix: Marine dialogue not always firing on picking up items.
- Bugfix: Linux and Mac builds should have resolution being saved correctly to file for wide screen windowed resolutions.
Get Steam Marines 2
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.