Steam Marines v0.8.3a, 27 May 2020
Apologies for the long delay in this newest update: covid-19 and a move across the country including damage to my main development machine caused a lot of problems for me. Hope you're all staying safe!
Bosses & Stuff
The big ticket news is that enemies now have special actions like healing, detonating themselves, et cetera, depending on enemy type and circumstances. Wee! Also bosses. Big Bosses. These are similar to your Commander marine in that if they all die the player wins, much like when the enemy kills your Commander marine they win. In addition to increased size bosses also have an energy shield as a visual indicator.
This is just another step in spicing up the gameplay on repeated runs. While bosses step up the difficulty curve quite a bit, some enemies also have detrimental actions, like needing to reload their weapons and not taking potshots at your marines.
Thanks for reading!
- Enemy units now have special abilities they can execute on the battlefield when certain conditions are met.
- Boss units now spawn at the start of a level, the number depending on difficulty level. These are similar to your Commander marine in that if they all die the
player wins, much like when the enemy kills your Commander marine they win. In addition to increased size bosses also have an energy shield as a visual indicator.
- Added another marine portrait.
- Implemented more marine skills.
- Floating Info Panels should now disappear a little while from dead marines after they've been killed.
- Capped the total number of enemy units that can spawn at the start of level generation according to difficulty level.
- Added delay to game win/loss screen so the player has more time to digest what happened.
- AI door detection/opening performance changes.
- Enemy AI performance improvements.
- Save file sanitizer improvements.
- Bugfix: Enemy units and items should no longer spawn on top of level furniture.
- Bugfix: Enemy units should no longer spawn on top of other enemy units.
- Bugfix: AI door detection/opening performance changes.
- Bugfix: Marine and enemy messages now always show in the correct order.
- Bugfix: Save file loader sanitizer now fixes some stuff that can be detected and fixed on game load instead of just throwing that save file corruption screen at your face.
- Bugfix: Fixed Linux cursor hotspot not always being correct on a door tile when a dialogue box is floating on top of that position.
- Bugfix: Fixed Linux developer console not always correctly outputting certain key strokes.
- Bugfix: Fixed rare Linux crash on main menu when audio was set to 0.
- Bugfix: Fixed rare save file corruption when the player spam clicked on the enter orbit button on the galaxy map.
- Bugfix: Fixed persistent slowdown when repeatedly switching between the galaxy map and ship interior scenes.
- Bugfix: Fixed rare bug with the camera pathing getting stuck between mission and squad screens in the ship interior scene.
- Bugfix: Fixed sometimes (default keybind) RMB on enemy targets not triggering an attack in shoulder camera view.
- Bugfix: Text overlow issues on the event log.
Get Steam Marines 2
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.